Relieve Your Neck Pain With These 30-Second Stretches
Looking for a quick neck pain relief? Check out this video by Doctor Jo to solve all your aching neck problems!
Quick Q&A about neck pain relief:
1. What are the common causes of neck pain?
- Degenerative Disk Disease
- Neck Strain
- Neck Injury like whiplash
- Herniated Disc
- Pinched Nerve
2. What are the other possible solutions apart from stretching?
- Apply Heat or Ice to the affected area – use ice for 48 to 72 hours then apply heat
- Take pain relievers such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen
- Sleep on your side or your back and never on your stomach
- Sleep on a firm mattress without a pillow
3. I have a sore neck when I wake in the morning and a crack sound, what should I do?
The sore neck you experience in the morning could be due to to weak neck muscles and the crack sound might be due to vertebra not being stable. Neck Strengthening exercises like these stretches can help.
4. If I suffer from cervical dizziness and a balance disorder with neck and back pain, can these neck stretches help me?
Unfortunately, things such are these would require a physical therapist that can specialize in vestibular rehab as some exercises might make it worse.
5. I “crack” or “pop” my joints in my neck a lot to take away the pain and stiffness that I have been suffering from for years. Is it something I shouldn’t be doing?
“Cracking” or “popping” of joints is common as long as it doesn’t hurt when they “pop”. However, you would want to check your doctor on the constant pain in your neck.
6. I did the exercises and it felt better. However, my neck seems to be tightening up again. How can I get rid of it for good?
Stick to the exercises and do it for the long term! Before the exercises, try warming up the muscles with warm water or a warm pack.