What if I told you there was one simple exercise you could do anywhere that would improve the way you look, think, and feel? Well there is. By adopting it, you can learn to break bad habits that are injuring your body.
Let me introduce you to the Power Push-up – the simplest and most effective exercise in existence.
Why the Power Push-Up
I used to focus on quantity instead of quality when I did workout exercises. In fact, I didn’t change my approach until I started injuring myself. I was performing way too many repetitions with poor form.
By shifting your focus from quantity to quality, you will find that your maximum repetitions will drop significantly. However, this should not matter because in the end you will be rewarded with phenomenal gains and a healthy body.
So, what exercise should you shift your focus to? The answer is the Power Push-up.
The push-up exercise is one of the most basic exercises you can do. It is simple and can be done in any location imaginable. Equally important, it is extremely effective as it works several muscles in your body.
Nevertheless, most people concentrate on quantity rather than quality when doing push-ups. In doing so, this leads to strain and injury and turns this powerful, yet simple exercise into a disastrous one.
How the Power Push-Up makes you fitter and healthier
This exercise will force you to do push-ups the right way. It will help you lose weight, strengthen your muscles, and improve your metabolism. From professional journals to blogs, nearly everyone agrees that (if done correctly) push-ups provide phenomenal health benefits.
Let’s examine some of these benefits:
- Increased muscle strength
- Strong abdominal muscles
- Increase in bone mass and strength
- Increase in chest muscles and strength
- Improved metabolism
- Increased muscle mass in biceps and triceps
- Improved stomach shape and weight loss
- Improved posture
On the whole, the Power Push-up is simple and can be performed anywhere. It uses nearly every muscle in the human body and prevents injury.
How to perform the Power Push-Up
To demonstrate the Power Push-up, I highly recommend viewing the following video:
Let’s examine how to perform the Power Push-up in four simple steps:
- Body Position. Tilt your pelvis backward and keep your butt squeezed tight.
- Arm Position. Place your wrists in a nearly vertical line under your shoulder. Avoid out flared elbows completely.
- Range of Motion. Don’t cheat! Go all the way up and all the way down. This takes a while to get used to, because it is easy to cheat if you focus on quantity.
- Shoulder Blade Movement. This is the movement I most often neglected, which led to injuries. Focus on pushing your shoulder blades downward instead of up.
Make time for the exercise, as little as 5 to 10 minutes each day to start to pick up this exercise at the beginning. Gradually, you will experience a fitter and healthier body.
Personally, I have a 24 Hour Workout routine to stay fit and keep my brain sharp, you can check out my other article for the details:
If you find that you can’t shift your focus from quantity to quality because you desire a high number of repetitions, then try this – stop counting. Use the following advice offered by Muhammad Ali,
“I only start counting when it starts hurting. When I feel pain, that’s when I start counting, because that’s when it really counts.”